|Rookie The Village Idiot|
Rookie. He fails at life.
|Health||THE PHONE. HE GAVE HIM THE FREAKING PHONE.|
|Status||Knocking over something|
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
|Friends||Penguin Secret Agency, Doodle Dabble|
|Enemies||Director Benny, Director of the PSA (somewhat)|
|Archetype||Good, stupid, clumsy|
- Not to be confused with Gangsta Rookie, who does not fail at life.
Rookie, also called Club Penguin's Village Idiot, is an extremely clumsy PSA agent And Idiot ,that seems to embody Murphy's Law. With Rookie, anything that can go wrong, will. His older brother is Cookie, the owner of CookieMakers Inc. and his best friend is Doodle Dabble (he Is Idiot Too) He is the shame of the former Penguin Secret Agency and played a key part in causing both its failure to capture Herbert and its ultimate fate: dissolution. His ex-wife is Animal Jam27 who sadly broke up with him and his ex-son is Cheepers.
Rookie came from a small town in the Antarctic Peninsula, and frequently visited Club Penguin Island in the summer. However, he was a total klutz from hatching, and caused several disasters in the town (one of which included blowing up the county water tower).
Eventually he was banished and sent to Club Penguin, where he tried to apply for the PSA and become an agent like his uncle. To the entire agency's surprise, Rookie was accepted despite his clumsiness, and has wrecked almost every single mission he has participated in since.
Rookie is widely regarded as Club Penguin's "village idiot". He messes up any mission he is actively assigned to. The PSA has tried to remedy this by making him stand completely still and hand out papers. It actually works. He also has a serious crush on Psyche, in which the feeling is anything but mutual. (She put the Gigaton bomb he gave her for her birthday in Rookie's toilet. Ouch.)
Rookie is regarded by conspiracy theorists to be a physical jinx, an embodiment of bad luck, assigned to the PSA as a revenge move by a higher power. They point to his endless blunders in the agency and the refusal of the Director to fire him, despite the fact he should be. Those who also believe in the Philly Cheesesteak Test note that he joined the PSA right after the test ended, and point out to some sort of connection.
Rookie has caused or ruined the following:
- The evil motives of Scientist Squid. Rookie destroyed his cave by wrecking a Hydro Hopper boat on it.
- Herbert's escape. When Herbert requested the customary "one phone call courtesy" (found in most prisons), Rookie gave him a fully functional Spy Phone, with which he teleported to freedom.
- Delaying a coin caper. Rookie explained that the Gift Shop's coin vault was untouched and not hampered. To prove his claim, he shut the vault and forgot the combination. This forced the agents attending to search for the vault's access code. Had he not shut the vault and the coins were found on the ceiling, the Agents may have apprehended Herbert operating the Electromagnet 3000, as opposed to merely getting a fur sample.
- Exploding a water tower. Seriously.
- Delaying a rescue operation. When he attempted to save three stranded penguins, he became lost himself.
- Getting lost and forcing a rescue mission. He was saved by the Jet Pack Guy after an agent located him in the Wilderness.
- Giving Psyche a Gigaton Bomb for her fourteenth Birthday. Don't ask.
- Routinely exposing the PSA. In fact, Rookie has given the secret away so many times that by 2007, the PSA was known to exist despite denial. Yet, he never disclosed Herbert P. Bear. He just gave him the phone.
- The EPF continues to remain hidden from the public, despite Rookie.
- THE PHONE. HE GAVE HIM THE FREAKING PHONE.
- One time during a date with Animal Jam27 at the Coffee Shop he knocked cups with coffee and got majorly burned but his girlfriend saved him by pouring cold water all over him.
- At his wedding with Animal Jam27, he threw his spy phone into the jet pack and the jet pack shot everywhere and then knocked the wedding cake.
- After the break up, he was so depressed that he went to the Rock station in the Soundstudio party and played really hard. The melody was annoying.
The "Rookie effect"
Rookie's curse doesn't seem to remain only in the hegemony of the PSA. Indeed, his absorption into the EPF did nothing to nullify it, and his hometown still has some signs of his clumsiness (in the form of cracks, paint overs, and replacements). It seems that anything Rookie participates in receives his curse for the duration of his stay, and anything he touches or assists will feel the effect as well, for a given time.
Folks down at the Bureau of Fiction's Department of Research have dubbed the externalities of this curse as the Rookie effect. While they are not completely sure as to the nature of the effect, they are certain that it is an unintended consequence of the curse he embodies. As the Anthromorphic Personification of klutziness, the effects of his stupidity are probably not limited to himself and his actions. With a litle knowledge and training, he might even be able to manipulate his bad luck and use it as a weapon against others.
- Jervis Tech is smarter than him and he is only ten years old!
- Animal Jam27 is his wife and the only penguin who doesn't care about trouble he makes and doesn't get affected with the Rookie Effect. Cheepers is the same.