|Company / developer||Various Developers|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||October 24, 1993|
|Latest stable release||184.108.40.206 / August 20, 2009|
|Latest unstable release||220.127.116.11 / April 22, 2010|
|Update method||SVN (will change)|
|Package manager||Depends on variant|
|Supported platforms||x86 ; x86-64 (because of the limitations of the x86 operating system)|
|Default user interface||W|
Penguin OS is an Operating System made by Linus Porvalds and maintained by Larry Tux Eflipper. It is a free competitor to Doors 2008. The latest version is 2.8 and the Windowing system is at 16. The Preview version is version 2.9, and the preview Windowing system is version W17. Version 2.9 supports the x86-64 architecture, and thus supports 10GB of RAM, while x86 supports 4GB of RAM.
- The manager of the Gift Shop. He still uses 0.92. with the W12 windowing system.
- The entire government of Freezeland. Their previous Doors system crashed.
- ZapWire. Bill Gate$ scares him.
- Linus. He invented it, he obviously uses it.
- GANGSTA G. He claims Doors is "for weenies" and is so "not gangsta".
- Kwiksilver and family.
- Bolsheevic Penguinsky. Doors is capitalist. Freedom for zee win!
- LiveWire. Makes sure there is no bad viruses infecting his poor PC.
- Coool31 uses a Penguin OS 2.8 Deluxe (he modified it with 2 memory banks, to use twice the amount of the memory limit he works on it a lot)
- Voltaire uses Penguin OS. He's the only human to use it. ZapWire helped him with making it a computer that produces music.
- Sam Rudi uses Penguin OS. 0.94 and it has a video website called PengTube.
- Larry. He helped with it, he clearly uses it.
- Akbaboy. When he used Doors, it exploded.
- Sonicspine31. Just like Zapwire, Bill Gate$ scares him.
- Brown51brown. He uses Doors 7 and Penguin OS, oddly enough.
- Sk8rbluscat. He uses Doors 2008 and Penguin OS on his PadTop.
- It is a parody of the Linux operating system, and W is a parody of the X windowing system.
- Users like to argue which OS is better. This was taken to the extreme in Operation Operating: the Dorkugese Micro War.